I was approached a while back by the the DT leader, Kendra, at Creative Inspiration Paints about a possible guest designer spot and boy did I jump at the chance. These little paint pots are awesome! If you've never tried them before you need to. Just a small amount goes a LONG way and the shimmer is just beautiful.
Creative Inspirations Paint has a great challenge blog, but that blog also has a great page on it that is filled with some of the coolest tutorials on all kinds of ways to use CIP. I found several I wanted to try out and used a couple on this card. The buttons were made using the Aged Button technique with Rose Quartz and that beautiful Sea Foam ruffle across the middle was created using the Crepe paper Ruffles technique.
I also added Citrus to the butterfly die cut and painted the flower portions of the image with Rose Quartz after I had colored it with Copics. There's a little of the Crackle Accents added to the bee wings which looks really cool close up.
I hope you liked the card and I hope you'll go check out all that CIP has to offer.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Paper Crafting Journey--floral
My Mum's Craft Shop--flowers
Simon Says Stamp--anything goes
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations--pearls or bling
Deep Ocean--sparkling and/or glitter
Hooked on Craft--something bright
Make It Monday--anything goes
- Papers: Prima Fairy Flora, Bazzill, Recollections, Copic X-Press It Blending card
- Stamp: A Day For Daisies "Small Things", Papertrey Ink "Mixed Messages"
- Ink: Copics, Antique Linen Distress ink
- Creative Inspirations Paint: Sea Foam, Rose Quartz, Citrus
- Tools: Nestabilites Standard Circles Large (S4-114). Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch and Arch Lattice edge punch
- Miscellaneous: The Paper Studio and Jolee's pearls, Dritz cheesecloth, crepe paper, buttons frommy stash, Crackle Accents