Tammy's got some new releases from A Day For Daisies just in time for Valentine's Day. I've made two cards from this release so make sure you check out my second post for today so you won't miss anything. :-)
For this card I've used some gorgeous Picadilly papers from Basic Grey to create the mat panels. I used my sewing machine and apparently didn't have it threaded correctly because the bottom tension was off and it caused the corners to pull down, but I think it looks kinda cool.
The image is called "My Best Boy" and I've colored it with Copic Markers and used some Distress inks on it and the sentiment.
This week starts a new challenge at the ADFD blog and we want to see hearts on your project somewhere. I ran across this little chipboard heart while looking for a larger one the other day and I thought it would be perfect on this card. I didn't want anything real big and I didn't want it to be bright red so I first inked it with Aged Mahogany Distress ink and then went over it with some red Perfect Pearls. I felt like the darker red kept more with the vintage feel of the card. I also sprayed the orange rose with some Glimmer Mist to tone down the orange for the same reason.
Don't ask me where the lemon/lime color scheme came from. I think my friend Dorcas is starting to rub off on me. LOL
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Moving Along with the Times--at least one heart visible
Cooking It Up with Katie--heart, emboss, punch
Rubber Redneck CRU62--color inspiration
Have a fabulous weekend!
- Papers: Basic Grey Picadilly, Georgia Pacific, Kraft Outlet Light Kraft Cover Weight cardstock, Copic XPress-it Blending card
- Stamp: A Day For Daisies "My Best Boy", Papertrey Ink "Friends 'til the end"
- Ink: Copics, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, Aged Mahogany, and Vintage Photo Distress inks, Caramel Apple Glimmer Mist
- Tools: Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large (S4-4-110), Labels Eight (S5-019), sewing machine, Cuttlebug and Swiss Dot embosing folder, Martha Stewart Rose Leaf punch
- Miscellaneous: Recollections flowers, chipboard piece and ribbon from my stash, Michaels wooden buttons, DMC embroidery thread, Forever Red Perfect Pearls