Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Shake, rattle, and roll


     Back with another Art Impressions Halloween card.  This one is super fun and from a brand new design line.  Mr. Skellie is on an action wobble so you can touch him and he really does shake.  The new part of the design is the brads.  All his limbs were added with brads so you can put him in whatever position you like.  The new line is called Wiggle Wobbles.  This one is Skeleton Wiggle Wobble.  The action wobble and brads come with the set.

     For the background of my card I tried a little color blocking.  I saw Jennifer Maguire do this a couple of months ago and wanted to try it.  You simply ink up your acrylic stamping blocks with Distress ink, spray them with water, and place them ink down on some watercolor paper.  Instead of lifting the block up right away, you place something heavy on it and let it sit for 5 minutes so that the color really soaks into the paper.  Pretty cool technique and I really like how it came out.


     Thank you all for the congratulations on my daughters nursing accomplishments
     Have a blessed day!

Supplies:
Paper--Canson XL watercolor paper, Recollections
Stamps--Art Impression "Skeleton Wiggle Wobble"
Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Black Onyx, Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot Distress inks
Tools--accompanying dies, brads, and actions wobble


5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great interactive card and your colour blocking background looks great!
Lorraine

Geri Neumann said...

Another cute Halloween card. I meant to tell you in my previous note that I was in ICU for 3 days following heart surgery, and the ICU nurses were the best I've ever had! That is quite an honor that ICU requested your daughter.....that speaks volumes for her character and knowledge. Again, congratulations!!! Hugs, Geri

Nancy said...

haha I can always trust you for my song of the day! This is a good one! Love the fun card...and I can certainly hear the bones rattling! Have a great day! :o)

CaroleAnn said...

I love this and can only imagine how this shake rattles and rolls!!!! lol Great idea for the background too - I must have missed that one on Jennifer's youtube channel!!! Have to try it as I love this card!!! Hugs

Marilyn said...

Fun image and a great card. I'd like to see it in person so I could see him shake, shake, shake!