Saturday, January 20, 2018

A birdie birthday


     My daughter has a birthday just a couple of days after Valentine's so I decided to combine the two for this card and go with pink, red, and hearts.  They work anytime, right?  LOL
     For this card I stamped the adorable Peep from Purple Onion Designs.  Peep has a little branch in his beak but I masked that off the stamp.  The String of Hearts is also POD.  I popped the bird/heart panel up on foam and the birthday sentiment was die cut four times for some dimension.  The happy is part of a POD sentiment.  My coloring was done with Prismas.


     Don't know if you noticed but I went with a much simpler blog layout.  Lots of clean white space.  What do you think?
     Finally some warmer temps here.  Hope you're warming up too.
     Be blessed!
Tracy

Supplies:
Paper--Recollections, Bazzill
Stamps--Purple Onion Designs
Ink--Simon Says Stamp Intense Black, Versafine onyx Black, Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol
Tools--Gina Marie Designs Loopy Rectangle dies, Mama Elephant Birthday Script die

13 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

What cute card and design. Love the white space kn your blog makes your work standout better

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, super cute!
Wendy xx

dragonfly60 said...

Lovely card!! I also love the new 'white space' on your blog. So much easier on the eyes, easier to read and to focus on the main event!! Thank you.

Nancy said...

Your card is so pretty, Tracy! I love the fabulous design and your wonderful coloring!
I love the changes you've made to your blog! It's looking so fresh and beautiful! :o)

Dmorgan said...

Absolutely adorable. Normally all that pink wouldn't attract my eye, but WOW! your card with the hearts and that adorable birdie just touches MY heart (too).

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous! Jo x

Pauline said...

Oh so sweet! Love how you cut around the hearts to create a banner. Love those little birds from POD! Yes, love the new look of your blog, your blog banner is so pretty, and love all the white space! Have a wonderful day, hugs,

franicsa said...

very cool card ! Indeed your blog looks bigger /clearer, you made a nice adjustment . Many greetings , Francisca

Lori said...

Adorable! Love how you put the image in the corner - pretty coloring, too. Love the white space!

Vicky said...

oh my!!! How sweet!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so, so sweet, Tracy! Such a fabulous Valentine/birthday design! I adore that fancy pink card frame, and love how you cut around the hearts on the bottom of the white panel. Very clever and absolutely adorable! Fabulous coloring, as always, too!

CaroleAnn said...

First, I love your card and your daughter will be very happy with it - very sweet and putting the image in the corner with the hearts was so smart!!! Also, love the frame you used for your image!!! Now - I love your new look too!!! Your design for your banner is beautiful with the butterfly image in there too!!! Great job! Hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, what a sweet birthday/Valentine for your daughter! It's so darling and cleverly created with the little peep and the string of hearts! I love it and love your design! Super sweet...like you!! Hugs!