Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Christmas birds


     Today I'm sharing my last card make from the new Christmas clear stamp sets from Art Impressions.  I still have plenty of other new sets to showcase, but they aren't Christmas stamps.
     I think this is my favorite of all the holiday cards I've shared.  I really had fun making this one.  I've used the Snow Friend Set.

     I inked the tag in different places to create the sky background.  I die cut the branch from white cards stock and used a grey Copic to color the bottom part leaving the top white for snow.  There's also some Stickles on there.
     Then I went to work with the stamp set.  All the images are in the set.  I did a lot of fussy cutting.  The birds and the bow on the birdhouse are popped up on foam.  The holly berried were covered in Glossy Accents.  Before I added the birds I did some splattering with some watered down white acrylic paint.


Copics Used:
birds R27, R46, R37, C2, C4, Y21, E97
holly R27, R37, YG25, YG17, YG67
tree branches W3
bird house E31, E35, E23, E57, W1, W3,W5
bow and pole R27, R46, R37, C2

     Have a blessed day!
Tracy

Supplies:
Paper--Dovecrafts "Back to Basics Christmas, Neenah, Recollections
Stamps--Art Impressions "Snow Friend Set"
Ink--Simon Says Stamp Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink
Tools--Memory Box Woodland Branch die, Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits Tag Collection dies
Miscellaneous--Diamond Stickles, white acrylic paint, Glossy Accents

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh my, this card is right up my alley! Birds, snow, beautiful layout - LOVE!! Your background shading is beautiful with those little snowflakes! Have a wonderful day!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

this is SO beautiful Tracy!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Tracy this is so gorgeous!! I love the BG you made for those sweet birds, branch and birdhouse... Beautifully done and one of my favourites!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ohmyword, this is so completely fabulous! I can see why it's your favorite, because it's definitely a favorite of mine! Your scene is sooooo sweet, with such adorable images, and your fussy cutting is spectacular. You add just the perfect touches, like the glossy on the berries, and the way you shaded and sparkled the tree branches. Absolutely love the tag, too! Beautiful snowy sky shading on that background!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I LOVE the tag card design! Really fab. Those birdies are so sweet and such a gorgeous card all over! Fabulous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is so adorable Tracy, I love the colours and cute images, all of it!
Lorraine

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Tracy! I love cardinals, and they are beautiful with the blue! What a fabulous layout and with the sweet birds flying around...and what a sweet birdhouse! Amazing fussy cutting and coloring! Totally in LOVE with this card! You are amazing! Hugs and love! xoxo

Aileen said...

Wowww this is so pretty with these delicate stamps and again the amazing scene. So wonderful.