Sunday, December 11, 2011

You can't catch me......

     Another Christmas card for the stack.  :-)  This one was made using this cute gingerbread man from Make It Crafty who thinks he's Fred Astaire.  (What do you think Ira?  LOL)  He's got some dimensional paint icing on to snaz him up a bit.  :-)
     He's colored with Copics and I used some papers from a K & Company paper pad I picked up at Michael's last week when it was marked down to 60% off.  I had a tough time with Christmas papers this year.  There just wasn't a whole lot out there that really caught my eye.  I don't like to buy too many 12 x 12 pads anymore because I like the smaller scaled down print of the 6 x 6's, but there was some really great smaller designs paper in this pad and I couldn't beat the price.
     I tried and tried to find a way to photograph my card so that the deep green ribbon behind the image looked green, but it absolutely refused to look like anything but black.  All my dark colored ribbons always look black in my pics.  sigh....
     I found some chipboard photo corners in my stash,covered them with some of the Light Kraft I used for the card base and inked the edges.
Hope you like my stylin' ginger dude.  I'd like to enter him into the following challenges:

The Squirrel and Fox--Christmas
Crafty Emma--traditional Christmas
One Stop Craft Challenge--traditional Christmas
Card Makin Mamas--Christmas
Crafty Ribbons--traditional Christmas colors
Little Miss Muffett--buttons and ribbons
My Mum's Craft Shop--traditional Christmas
Heart Song Inspirations--Christmas and/or red, green, and white
Truly Madly Crafty Challenge--Christmas images and colors

Have a wonderful new week!


Supplies
  • Papers:  Kraft Outlet Light Kraft cardstock, Bazzill, K & Company, Copic XPress-it Blending card
  • Stamp:  Make It Crafty "Gingerbread Dance"
  • Ink:  Copics, Walnut Stain Distress ink
  • Tools:  Nestabilities Standard Circles Large (S4-114) and Labels One (S4-161), Martha Stewart Cornice edge punch
  • Miscellaneous:  chipboard corners and dark green ribbon from my stash, buttons from Hobby Lobby, Hang Tag string and Red Baker's Twine from Kraft Outlet

30 comments:

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love the image....

Tracey said...

Tracy this is fantastic! I love this image and I'm off to buy it now.
Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox for our Christmas Challenge. I hope to see you there again soon.
Tracey
x

Shelby said...

Wonderful design...love the cleaner layout and of course the image is too fabulous. Thanks for joining us at MMCS for our traditional Christmas challenge.

Shelby

heidy said...

Oh wow Tracy,he's fabolous!
Gorgeous card!
Hugs Heidy

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, yes......I LOVE your styling ginger dude! This is adorable, Tracy!

Unknown said...

OMG Tracy, I didn't know that Fred Astaire and the Gingerbread Man were one and the same guy ;-) You've coloured him up beautifully, I feel like eating him! Hugs, Ira

Nancy said...

I just love it when one of your cards makes me chuckle first thing in the morning! lol He is just too cute! Your coloring is wonderful, and I love the papers you used! Have a happy day, my friend! :o)

Lisa Minckler said...

LOVE it!! Gorgeous crisp "lol...not a cookie reference here" and clean card and packed with cuteness and humor. Wonderful Christmas card. :)

Thank you SO much for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox for our challenge.
Good luck to you and we hope you come back next week to play along again.
Lisa xx

Ros said...

This is the best gingerbread man I have ever seen ... fabulous card!!

SAMARA said...

Oh my good Lord Tracy, this image is the funniest. Looks like a fred astaire! And how you have decorated him/her...but I think a him is absolutely perfect. I love the kraft corners. Initially you tricked me...I thought they were cut outs. Love samara xox.

Donna said...

Smashing card, love your traditional colours and papers and such a fab gingerbread man! Thank you for joining in the fun at CES this week :) Donna ♥ x

Céline said...

fab card, love the design. fab papers and love the MIC image
thanks for playing with us at little miss muffet this week
hugs
céline guest Dt member

Cheryl said...

Too cute! I love the design and the gorgeous papers.

Regan said...

Oh my goodness, LOVE!! That image is the cutest thing every and I love the design. The patterns are great! Fabulous as always Tracy!

Jennifer said...

I just love your layout on this one! Great vintage feel!

cebelica said...

Fantastic card! The image is awesome. :D Thanks for playing with us at our challenge at MMCS this week! Hugs!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww this is gorgeous and such rich christmas colours.
Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenge this week.
Diane xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww the image is adorable and love the backing papers. Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenge this week.
Diane xx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Tracy, the image is realy fantastic and your colouring makes him realy come alive! Lovely papers too! hugs, Marlies

Unknown said...

Sooooo darn cute.. You got me smiling again..

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

How cute! Your gingerbread man reminds me of the movie Mask with Jim Carey! Thank you for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge. Good Luck! Hugs! Leah Ann

Geri said...

Tracy, Tracy! This is the perfect combination of EVERYTHING!! Even when I thought the ribbon was black!!! Now that I look more closely, I can see the green! I know those things can be frustrating-- but honestly--it's outstanding either way!!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

I love the layout you used on your card! I might have to borrow it as this is one of those images I was counting in my colored-ready-to-use stack! LOL Great colors too - really brings the image to life! *Hugs

Thanks for playing along in the Little Miss Muffet Challenges this round. ;D

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and Cute!!!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really fabulous card. Love that pretty paper with the 'kraft' matting and that image is so cool!!
Thanks for joining us at CES this week.
Caroline xxx

FerrellGraph-x said...

I just love your card! Gingerbread men are my favorite! I will have to have this image! Fabulous!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Evelina Wikberg said...

Love the papers and the funky image. He is too cute. Have a great Christmas and thank you for joining us at Dream Valley challenges. Hugs Eva.x

Evelina Wikberg said...

Love the papers and the funky image. He is too cute. Have a great Christmas and thank you for joining us at Dream Valley challenges. Hugs Eva.x

Debs said...

fabby card Tracy..thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley..hugs Debs x

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Love you card. Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.